Industrial hygiene is the science of anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling workplace conditions that may cause workers’ injury or illness.
At Evergreen AES, we provide industrial hygiene solutions and environmental compliance services to industrial, commercial, institutional and governmental customers throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our experienced industrial hygienists to perform environmental monitoring and testing to detect the extent of worker exposure to potentially harmful conditions, and employ engineering, work practice controls, and other methods to control potential health hazards.
Our Industrial Hygiene Services
Our experienced staff and certified industrial hygienists offer a wide range of services to ensure compliance and worker safety for our clients. Our industrial hygiene services include
- On site investigations and examinations of hazards and potential dangers in the environment
- Research into possible harmful conditions in the facility or environment
- Recommendations on improving overall safety and conditions of the environment
- Ongoing monitoring to ensure proper implementation and adaptation for recommended health and safety procedures
- Surveying of any Hazardous Material
- Testing and assessment of radon and indoor air quality
- Lead based paint assessments and remediation services
- On-site employee and procedure implementation monitoring
Industrial Hygiene Procedures
Evergreen AES recognizes that engineering, work practice, and administrative controls are the primary means of reducing employee exposure to occupational hazards. Engineering controls minimize employee exposure by either reducing or removing the hazard at the source or isolating the worker from the hazards. Evergreen AES can assist clients in eliminating toxic chemicals and replacing harmful toxic materials with less hazardous ones; enclosing work processes or confining work operations; and installing general and local ventilation systems.
Work practice controls alter the manner in which a task is performed. Evergreen AES can aid clients in implementing work practice controls, including
- Following Proper Procedures To Minimize Exposures While Operating Equipment
- Inspecting And Maintaining Equipment On A Regular Basis
- Implementing Good House-Keeping Procedures
- Providing Good Supervision
- Mandating That Eating, Drinking, Smoking, Chewing Tobacco Or Gum, And Applying Cosmetics In Regulated Areas Be Prohibited
Industrial Hygiene - Administrative Controls
Evergreen AES can also recommend administrative controls such as scheduling production and workers’ tasks in ways that minimize exposure levels to harmful environments. In addition, use of personal protective equipment such as gloves, safety goggles, helmets, safety shoes, and protective clothing further improves workplace safety. In order to maximize the effectiveness of the industrial hygiene plan, personal protective equipment must be individually selected, properly fitted and periodically refitted, conscientiously and properly worn, regularly maintained, and replaced as necessary.
While working with our customers to develop effective and thorough industrial hygiene plans and recommendations for our clients, our experienced staff are able to design and implement cost-effective and practical health and safety programs that efficiently manage any risk and liability factors associated with the business.